In an industry as competitive as modeling, these qualities can often determine how much work you get. Acting as a professional at all times and being prepared for any situation that may arise will ensure that you get noticed and get booked.
- A model should always be prepared. Clients, photographers and stylists appreciate it when you are professional.
- It is essential that you are contactable at all times. Keep your mobile phone with you always to receive calls and check your emails.
- Always carry a street map with you and make sure to plan how you are going to get to where you need to be.
- Always be on time. If you are running late, make sure to let the client know straight away.
- When you walk into a room you should smile and greet people pleasantly and show enthusiasm. A great personality is far more important than just good looks.
- Be patient. You will work long hours so make sure to bring along a book, a magazines or games to keep you busy for when you are not needed on set.
- Have a designated model bag for bookings, castings, shoots and shows.
See below to find out what to keep in your Model Bag.
- Comp cards
- Mobile phone
- Street map
- Make-up and mirror
- Toothbrush and toothpaste
- Hair bands
- Nail file
- Natural nail polish
- Face wash and moisturizer
- White, nude, black underwear
- T-shirt bras (incl. Convertible or strapless bra)
- Flesh-colored body stocking
- Spare pairs of tights
- Gel pads
- Book or magazine
- Safety pins
- Healthy Snacks
- Pack of straws
- Wet wipes